I am pretty sure I will never find the fountain of youth, become a billionaire, or go to the Moon, BUT what I am sure of, is that I have found the cure for laryngitis.
This week I am stealing an idea from one of my favorite restaurants; Mas Malo. I try to go there as often as I can, but it’s downtown, and nothing is close in LA traffic. So, on the most ridiculous day, Valentine’s day, I made my way to the mean streets of LA, with a good group of friends, and without my voice. No reservation, no problem, we are going to put you in the dungeon. I wondered if this was where they put people who clearly did not have a date for Valentine’s day, little did we know, this is where they put all the cool kids…..http://masmalorestaurant.com/home/
I started off whispering, which was weird in itself, my “date” ordered me the Burnt Habanero cream salsa, and some chips, I started eating it, the voice started coming back, and by the end of the meal I sounded almost normal again. You know how some very religious people swear they see Jesus in their toast. I swear I heard my voice in a vat of salsa on the most hated day (by most) of the year! That being said I have copied this dip and bring you nothing original!
- one container of Mexican crema (the more you use, the less bite it has)
- 1 can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 cup of fresh cilantro
- 1 lime
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey (just like the crema, the more you use, the less hotness you will get)
WHAT TO DO
- In a food processor: blend the crema (about 70% of the container), cilantro, juice of half a lime, a pinch of salt, 1 1/2 tablespoons honey & chipotle peppers from entire can ( I added ALL the sauce, b/c I love spicy, beware if you don’t)
- Blend until well combined.
- Add salt to taste
Really the only thing that worked for me was tortilla chips……..
I am tired, and on the road, and now very hungry…..enjoy!